the rebrand planfor audiologists
The Audiologist’s Rebrand Plan
The Audiologists's Rebrand Plan
STEP ONE: Content Strategy
“Why should I go to you? I don’t understand the difference?” We have all heard those questions before, am I right?
You know you are different, better, more accommodating...the list can go on and on… but how do we sum that up into something that actually makes our patients take action and pay more for our experience?
That is what this month is designated for. I’ve put together tasks for you to complete and this week in Step 1. At the end of the month you will have a tool kit to access and deliver that will drive action, for years to come.
Task 1: Take the Enneagram Test. This will help you become more aware of your strengths and how you use them to serve your patients.
There is also a paid version you can take, here. It cost's $12.
Task 2: Complete the Strategy Worksheet. This will help you narrow down who you are and who you want your ideal patient to be. I have attached it as a courtesy. Please don’t forward or share with those outside of your office.
If you have more than one audiologist in your practice this is a good exercise for all to participate in!
STEP TWO: Branding Workbook & Scheduling A Photo Shoot
Now that you know more about the specifics regarding who you are, what you do, and who you do it for (Step 1) it’s time to pull that through into a bigger picture. You may have seen the branding workbook… but I revised it- so take a second look.
Download this email when contacting a photographer.
STEP THREE: Writing A Brand Story
This is the week where we develop your brand’s story or the business's brand story. As an employee you probably have access to or have read the company’s mission statement/values. As a business owner... you have probably developed them yourself!
I think that you can agree with me when I say….no one is going to be entertained if you post your mission statement online… that’s why we develop a brand story.
The brand’s story encompasses the values and beliefs that are at the core of the brand. This tells the story regarding why the brand does what it does.
The right brand narrative has the power to significantly increase the value of your business and your profession.
If you couldn’t already tell I’m really big into telling stories. A brand story is a way to get your values and mission statement to resonate with the reader- weather that is a physician in your area or someone who follows you online. We are going to use this brand story EVERYWHERE.
Here is an example:
The manufacturer of glass frames and sunglasses states, “Every idea starts with a problem. Ours was simple: glasses are too expensive. We were students when one of us lost his glasses on a backpacking trip. The cost of replacing them was so high that he spent the first semester of grad school without them, squinting and complaining. (We don’t recommend this.) The rest of us had similar experiences, and we were amazed at how hard it was to find a pair of great frames that didn’t leave our wallets bare. Where were the options?”
Task 6: Create a printable to display the brand story, mission, and/or values. Canva Link Here.
STEP FOUR: Aligning The Team, Vision Boards
Task: Make your own vision board: Download the PDF
If you have a team plan a time to bond and make a vision board together.
What is a vision board?
The main objective of this lesson is to teach you that your thoughts, in most ways, can have a significant impact on your life. One way to manifest positive thoughts is by creating a vision board.
A vision board is a tool used to help clarify, concentrate and maintain focus on a specific life goal. It can be any type of board on which you display images that represent whatever you want to be, do or have in your life.
A vision board is a way of stepping back and putting your creative mindset towards displaying that mission statement, writing down your goals and acknowledging your brand story.
How will this improve your business?
- It will give you an opportunity to display the company’s vision, goals, and core values.
- Do you have company values? (i.e. show compassion, be a guide- let the patient be the hero, become supportive to our community, be humble, listen and ask questions.)
- It gives you an opportunity to share with your team what goals you have for the practice.
- Can help pull your practice in the right decision by manifesting positive thoughts throughout your team by sharing your brand story. It answers the questions of, who are we, what are we doing and why are we doing it.
- Allow you to remind your team of your brand story and/or mission statement.
How many of your team members can tell you what the mission statement is? Do you know what your mission statement is? A vision board is a way of stepping back and putting your creative mindset towards displaying that mission statement.
Why will your team benefit from creating vision boards?
- Allows for team bonding.
- Unlike other team building “games,” the vision board helps motivate them in their personal life as well. They will be able to take their boards home with them.
- We all bond over things we have in common, do some of your team members have the same goals in common?
What will you need to complete a vision board?
- A pair of scissors (for every team member)
- Stack of Magazines
- Poster board (for every team member)
- Glue Sticks (for every team member)
What do I talk about during the team building vision board process?
- Share your story
- Who are you? How did you get where you are today? You can discuss this formally or naturally while you are making your own vision board.
- Share your vision or why from the Branding Strategy Worksheet, informally.
- Ask them about their goals and dreams. Show them that you are committed to them learning as well. Ask them what they need from you to perform their job better.
- Create core values as a team.
- Inspire them, by the practice achieving their goals it will help improve everyone’s goals and aspirations. If you are lucky enough for your team members to share their goals with you make sure to motivate them and take note of what they are trying to achieve in their everyday life.